- Researchers now believe that Saturn’s rings, given their size, are actually bracelets.
- Astronomers have found that the universe is expanding faster than people care.
- Seagulls laugh more than any other type of bird.
- Shellfish are the only fish not skinny-dipping.
- Albino polar bears look pretty much identical to regular polar bears.
- Every year global warming is responsible for the destruction of more than 10,000 dinner party conversations.
- Zoologists have found that after an animal learns it has been placed on the endangered species list, it tends to “act more cocky.”
- It is considered bad luck to mount a deer on a wall with a grin on its face.
- Prehistoric cave paintings suggest that early man was most interested in primitive art.
- Men with beards are 87 percent less likely to blow bubbles when they chew gum.
- When a man has sideburns but no hair on his head, he is said to have “face islands.”
- Research suggests that the average toddler, if scaled up to the size of Godzilla, would be about three times as dangerous as the actual monster.
- The custom of blowing out birthday candles was started by accident when a man panicked that his cake was on fire.
- Studies have shown that it is physically impossible to look cool while chasing a piece of paper down a windy street.
- Every year, less than one person looks good with a lip ring.
- The first parades were held in rivers. That’s why they call the vehicles in them “floats.”
- When escalators first appeared, they had escalator men, who would ride with passengers, similar to how elevators had elevator men working in them.
- PhD stands for “Pretty hard Degree.”
- Bulgaria is the only country whose name ends in “ulgaria.”
- The word “Shorter” is longer than the word “Longer.” And “Shortest” is the longest of the three.
- Experts believe that up to 93 percent of antiques are actually garbage.
Demetri Martin’s directorial debut, Dean, which he also stars in and wrote, will be released June 3 by CBS Films.